Careers at IN-PART
As a start-up we’re looking for creative, enterprising individuals who are enthusiastic about research happening within the life sciences, physical and digital sciences, or other technological disciplines.
In 2021/22, we worked with an external web agency to update our wordpress site as part of a brand refresh. The agency delivered a website that looks good and functions as it needs to but with issues in the coding that lead to updates pushing bugs into other parts of the site.
The first phase of this brief will be to work with our software lead to assess the fixes required to move into the second and third phases. The second phase will involve working with our marketing team to deploy updates aimed at improving our lead-to-user registration conversion, alongside fixes related to content marketing engagement. The third phase will be a piece of work supporting the delivery of a brand update relating to our integration/acquisition by Inova and creating a ‘hub’ to surface our Global Challenge programme as a more visible and functional entry point into our platform/network.
This scope may require input on the creation of graphic illustrations based on our current style, as well as supporting the setup and deployment of Hubspot onto our wordpress site.
- WordPress specialist with an eye for design and website UX.
- Experience working with dev ops teams to seamlessly deploy updates into staging and then production on a live website.
- Experience working off-site with marketing teams to deliver wordpress content and design updates.
- Proven track record of freelance contracts and portfolio to demonstrate scale of capabilities.
- Ability to work within agile workflows alongside our product development team.
- Must be based in the UK, ideally in the Sheffield area, to work closely with our marketing team to educate and develop capabilities.
Phase I (April 2023)
Phase II (April 2023)
Phase III (May/June 2023)
The work will be actioned and approved on a phase-by-phase basis, based on an agreed timeline and cost after the evaluation and planning out of each.
Evaluation of the work required to deploy updates to the wordpress site in phases II and III.
Deployment of work.
- Deployment of plug-in to embed PDF articles within blogs.
- Addition of on/off ‘Join the network: create free account’ entry point in the right nav/border within articles
- Addition of on/off top banner for the homepage to promote news and campaigns
- Creation of customisable landing pages for Google and LinkedIn PPC campaigns (leveraging Unbounce, HubSpot, or other suitable third party tool).
Additional content marketing requirements
- Deployment of accordion dropdown plug-in for article content
- Article navigation – eg. jump to top feature
HubSpot setup + design (timeline pending)
- On-site webinar landing page design w/ Hubspot forms (once deployed ~April 2023)
- Form design customisation
Content marketing fixes (scope of work to be evaluated and agreed)
- Blog/article formatting styles
- Automatic underline for links
- Bullet points need to be the same font size – at the moment size 12 bullet points are smaller than main copy font size
- There are some spacing issues – an extra line gives too much space, but without it some text/heading arrangements look squished (happens mostly with headings eg h3)
- The order in which you add links and underline changes the colour of the underline
- Addition of dates to content/blogs
- Blog – fix the category filters – e.g. top nanotech blog from 2018 doesn’t show up in tech insights despite being tagged
- Case studies – the overlays are not customisable
- News and insights pages – the ability to overlay on the feature post
- Webinars – Stop the webinar pages from going from ‘upcoming/register’ to ‘watch now’ on the day of the webinar, and only change to ‘watch now’ once a youtube video/Soundcloud link has been added
Global Challenges hub
Development of a dedicated content hub for Global Challenge campaigns
Current setup: https://in-part.com/global-challenges/
- Look and feel – colour palette, fonts and logo
- New product features and pages for physical vs life sciences audiences
- About page updates
- Addition of pages or links out to PRM and Events (to be confirmed)
If you think you can deliver our requirements, email our Digital Marketing Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lead Developer (email@example.com) with a brief statement of intent that outlines your suitability and interest in working for IN-PART, along with a CV and a portfolio of relevant work. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis.
We believe that scientific collaborations should solve real-world problems and bring a positive impact to society. As part of our integration with Inova, our aim is to develop a partnering ecosystem that equips teams across industry and academia with the tools to showcase innovations, find untapped science, identify new partners, accelerate the deal-making process, and manage collaborations.
IN-PART’s online partnering platform (Connect), and bespoke scouting tool (Discover) provide an opportunity for a global network of decision-makers to collaborate around novel innovations and expertise to establish meaningful partnerships.
Connect is subscribed to by 250+ universities and research institutes to connect with industry teams in 6,000+ companies to commercialise academic innovations and expertise that are available and seeking collaboration.
Discover is used by innovation-driven companies to profile the global landscape of academia across an active network of 2,600 institutes, either through ‘Industry Calls for Opportunities’ or ‘Request for Proposal’ campaigns that find and confirm potential solutions to specific R&D challenges or requirements.
Since launching Connect in 2014 we’ve initiated over 13,000 new conversations between teams in academia and industry, with 75% of these being international. More recently, through Discover, we’ve made available over £30-million in industry funding for new academic research. IN-PART has offices in Sheffield and London, with a team of 50 employees, and was recently acquired by Inova who provide an end-to-end partnering management solution.
Job Title: Research Officer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Sheffield City Centre / Remote within the UK
Working Hours: Full-Time (permanent)
About the company:
IN-PART is a rapidly expanding UK based scale-up, connecting academic research and commercial outputs from research institutions around the world, with companies seeking opportunities for collaboration and external innovation. Our company and employees believe that by connecting industry and academia we can solve real-world problems, and we deliver positive change in the work we do every day.
IN-PART works with over 250 research institutions, connecting their outputs with our growing network of more than 6500 research-intensive companies, ranging from some of the world’s biggest corporations to regional SMEs.
Companies using IN-PART’s products include: Philips, Sony, Apple, Space X, GSK, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, P&G, Dyson, Unilever and Johnson & Johnson. Technologies on IN-PART are provided by our university clients, including Cambridge, Birmingham, Sheffield and Manchester to mention a few in the UK, as well as international universities such as UCLA, UPenn, Queensland, LMU Munich and many more worldwide.
- Your role would be based in our Research Team focusing on bringing new users onto our matchmaking platform and helping them identify collaboration opportunities from our university partners.
After an initial introductory period, typical responsibilities will include:
- Online research into more than 7,000 cutting-edge technologies from over 250 research institutes worldwide
- Liaising online and offline with Senior R&D professionals regarding new technologies and collaboration opportunities
- Analysing research interests of large multinational corporations and SMEs
- Summarising complex cutting-edge research into simple terms
- Contributing to topical feature content pieces periodically throughout the year
The successful person for this role will:
- Be a graduate from any STEM degree discipline
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Be self-motivated and able to keep accurate records of work
- Have the ability to manage time effectively and work to strict deadlines at a high standard
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have knowledge of IT suites such as Microsoft Office and Google Apps, with exceptional online research skills
- Be excited to take ownership of a role, and driven by an enjoyment in understanding new research and its translation into commercial applications
- Some experience of CRM systems would be advantageous
While all of the above is desirable, we will consider high-quality candidates who may not have all of these skills but can demonstrate keen willingness and aptitude to learn and excel.
Applications will be reviewed as submitted. Applications should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and a brief cover letter detailing what you could bring to IN-PART and why you would like to join the team. Please use the email subject title: ‘IN-PART: Research Officer’
We’re an early-stage company with an atmosphere to match, we organise eclectic staff outings, have a relaxed working environment and want people who not only want to work hard but who we get along with too.
- All expenses paid, company-wide meet ups twice a year (e.g. Crazy Golf, Escape Rooms, Summer Park Games)
- Day off on your birthday
- 22 days holiday plus statutory (plus bonus holiday days around Xmas)
- Frequent social events e.g. virtual lunches and after-work socials
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- All equipment provided for virtual onboarding
- Regular career development reviews and support
Position: Account Manager, Discover (Life Sciences)
Deadline for Applications: Continuous recruitment, applications reviewed as submitted.
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Sheffield City Centre / Remote
Working Hours: Full-Time (flexible to 0.8 FT), permanent
Salary: £28K-32K pa
IN-PART is a rapidly expanding UK based scale-up operating two products.
- Connect, our matchmaking platform showcases outputs from academic research seeking commercial partners, used by 250 research institutions and accessed by 1000s of companies.
- Discover, our proactive search solution designed for research-intensive companies seeking a scalable solution to access and engage over 1500 research institutions and associated academics with their requirements.
Companies we work with include: Johnson & Johnson, Reckitt, Bayer, Kidney Research UK, GSK, Alzheimer’s Research UK, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, P&G, & Unilever.
Technologies on IN-PART are provided by our university partners, which include the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford, Birmingham, Sheffield and Manchester to mention a few in the UK, as well as international universities such as the University of Pennsylvania, University of Queensland, LMU Munich, and many more worldwide.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Discover team. Discover is a solution used by industry teams focussed on external partnering in research, seeking commercial opportunities and academic partners to collaborate with to help solve their latest challenges, enhance their research outputs, or fill their early stage pipeline.
Industry clients use our Discover service to find cutting-edge academic research in areas such as health and disease, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, plant and food science, bio-inspired chemistry, and sustainable chemistry and engineering.
The successful individual will have a keen interest in science, excellent communication skills and confidence in their ability to understand and verbally communicate research.
After an induction period and training, you will be responsible for maintaining excellent working relationships with your client accounts, leading productive teleconferences with multiple participants and understanding their specific needs. We should mention that we have lovely clients!
Client communication relies upon understanding scientific requirements, and thereafter creating briefs of their search interests. When required you may be asked to help lead on some research into academia, and be responsible for introducing clients to academics and university teams of interest.
Our team and product are growing quickly and as such, we need to constantly understand our developing client needs. This means you will be liaising and feeding back to our product and development team about requirements on a regular basis.
Day-to-day will include:
Responsibility for driving the success of multiple simultaneous Discover campaigns commissioned by a variety of R&D clients.
- External and internal discussion of research and client requirements. This will require a high level of diligence and understanding of often complex research topics.
- When required, in-depth desk-based research into areas of scientific innovation to identify opportunities for engagement in academia.
- Proactive organisation and leadership on teleconferences with internal and external stakeholders.
- Efficient teamwork and a collaborative work ethic, ensuring client projects are on track and always delivered to deadlines.
- You will be expected to be amenable to new challenges from clients who have high expectations.
- Creating client material to a high standard, including detailed reports using Adobe InDesign software.
- Working with the entire team to contribute to the future development of Discover and feature releases.
The successful person for this role will:
- Be a STEM postgraduate with an MSc/ PhD in a Life Science discipline.
- Always communicate verbally with confidence and professionalism.
- Possess an ability for excellent scientific writing.
- Be self-motivated and able to keep accurate records of work.
- Have the ability to manage time effectively and work to strict deadlines at a high standard.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have knowledge of IT suites such as Microsoft Office and Google Apps, with exceptional online research skills.
- Be excited to take ownership of a role, and driven by an enjoyment of understanding research and its potential translation into therapies and commercially relevant technology.
- Previous experience of client handling and maintaining professional relationships.
- CRM experience.
- Adobe InDesign experience, or similar design software.
We’re an early stage company with an atmosphere to match, we organise eclectic staff outings, have a relaxed office environment and want people who not only want to work hard but who we get along with too.
- Flexible working either remotely or in our Sheffield City Centre office
- Company-wide meet ups twice a year (e.g. Crazy Golf, Escape Rooms, Summer Park Games)
- Day off on your birthday
- 22 days holiday plus statutory (plus bonus holiday days around Christmas)
- Frequent social events e.g. potluck lunches, in / after-work socials
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Regular career development reviews and support
Applications should be made via email to email@example.com and should include a CV and a brief cover letter detailing what you could bring to IN-PART and why you would like to join the team. Please use the email subject title: ‘IN-PART: Account Manager, Discover’
Working alongside a team of seven (including a mix of junior, mid-level and senior devs) and under the guidance of our product manager, you’ll take a key role in delivering products to our end users. Demonstrable experience of working in and leading a team is essential for this role.
You will have strong project management skills with an excellent ability to communicate complex problems, estimate timescales, and give regular updates to both technical and non-technical team members. You will be able to accurately assess project requirements, plan technical epics and set and meet deadlines.
Your leadership style will get the best out of junior team members and inspire them to excel in their own role. You will have a strong work ethic, be willing to admit it if you’re wrong and be an all round team player.
Core technologies / concepts
- Node JS
- Restful services
- AWS Lambda / SQS / Cloudwatch
- Styled components / CSS
IN-PART is a rapidly expanding UK based start-up. Our online matchmaking platform matches university research with companies looking to find innovative R&D pathways for commercialisation. Our system launched in January 2014 and has to date brought together 250 universities and research institutions with over 6,500 research-intensive companies, ranging from some of the world’s biggest corporations to regional SMEs.
Companies we work with include: Philips, Sony, Apple, Space X, GSK, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, P&G, Dyson, Unilever and Johnson & Johnson. Technologies on IN-PART are provided by our university partners, which include Cambridge, Oxford, Birmingham, Sheffield and Manchester to mention a few in the UK, as well as international universities such as UPenn, Queensland, LMU Munich and many more worldwide.
Solutions don’t come ready-made. We believe brilliant connections can solve real-world problems. We match research genius with decision-makers and industries striving for a greater positive impact.
Our goal is to enable connections from around the world to match research genius with industry on a level playing field. IN-PART has an advanced matching platform and curates an international community of the brightest minds and decision-makers built on insight and dialogue.
An intelligent, matchmaking platform to showcase leading technologies and connect academics with the world’s key decision-makers through meaningful dialogue and partnership. IN-PART curates only the most relevant introductions to ensure stronger connections and collaboration.
The Dev Team
We’re a small, friendly team of hard-working, focussed and talented developers. There are no egos – it doesn’t matter if you’re brand new or have been around the block a few times.
Everyone in the team works closely with stakeholders and can see the positive impact our products have. We all have the opportunity to provide input into the shape of our products, the technology stack, workflow and ideas. It’s incredibly rewarding to deliver – and be credited for – the latest and greatest features.
Hours are flexible and, subject to a relaxation of Covid restrictions, you’ll only be required at our Sheffield city centre office once every two weeks for sprint planning. You’ll also have your own space should you wish to use it more regularly (our current devs choose a mixture of home and office working).
The working environment is relaxed and professional. We’re all here to do a job but recognise the need to let off steam from time to time. Our all expenses paid twice yearly meetups are a great opportunity to meet new people, try a new experience and generally have some fun. We also have regular team lunches, after work beers and one-to-one catch ups.
- £40-60k based on experience
- Work from home or at our great location in the heart of Sheffield
- Free choice of equipment – choose the best tech for the job
- 30 days annual holiday (inc. bank holidays) + your birthday off
- Twice yearly all-expenses paid company events – mini golf, park games
- Regular team socials on us
- Casual office environment
- Bonus time off at Christmas
- Free tea & coffee
Please send an email with your Github, LinkedIn profile or CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll start with an informal chat about the role before moving on to a take-home code review task and interview.