Careers at IN-PART
As a start-up we’re looking for creative, enterprising individuals who are enthusiastic about research happening within the life sciences, physical and digital sciences, or other technological disciplines.
Position: Account Manager, Discover (Life Sciences)
Deadline for Applications: Continuous recruitment, applications reviewed as submitted.
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Sheffield City Centre / Remote
Working Hours: Full-Time (flexible to 0.8 FT), permanent
Salary: £28K-32K pa
IN-PART is a rapidly expanding UK based scale-up operating two products.
- Connect, our matchmaking platform showcases outputs from academic research seeking commercial partners, used by 250 research institutions and accessed by 1000s of companies.
- Discover, our proactive search solution designed for research-intensive companies seeking a scalable solution to access and engage over 1500 research institutions and associated academics with their requirements.
Companies we work with include: Johnson & Johnson, Reckitt, Bayer, Kidney Research UK, GSK, Alzheimer’s Research UK, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, P&G, & Unilever.
Technologies on IN-PART are provided by our university partners, which include the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford, Birmingham, Sheffield and Manchester to mention a few in the UK, as well as international universities such as the University of Pennsylvania, University of Queensland, LMU Munich, and many more worldwide.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Discover team. Discover is a solution used by industry teams focussed on external partnering in research, seeking commercial opportunities and academic partners to collaborate with to help solve their latest challenges, enhance their research outputs, or fill their early stage pipeline.
Industry clients use our Discover service to find cutting-edge academic research in areas such as health and disease, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, plant and food science, bio-inspired chemistry, and sustainable chemistry and engineering.
The successful individual will have a keen interest in science, excellent communication skills and confidence in their ability to understand and verbally communicate research.
After an induction period and training, you will be responsible for maintaining excellent working relationships with your client accounts, leading productive teleconferences with multiple participants and understanding their specific needs. We should mention that we have lovely clients!
Client communication relies upon understanding scientific requirements, and thereafter creating briefs of their search interests. When required you may be asked to help lead on some research into academia, and be responsible for introducing clients to academics and university teams of interest.
Our team and product are growing quickly and as such, we need to constantly understand our developing client needs. This means you will be liaising and feeding back to our product and development team about requirements on a regular basis.
Day-to-day will include:
Responsibility for driving the success of multiple simultaneous Discover campaigns commissioned by a variety of R&D clients.
- External and internal discussion of research and client requirements. This will require a high level of diligence and understanding of often complex research topics.
- When required, in-depth desk-based research into areas of scientific innovation to identify opportunities for engagement in academia.
- Proactive organisation and leadership on teleconferences with internal and external stakeholders.
- Efficient teamwork and a collaborative work ethic, ensuring client projects are on track and always delivered to deadlines.
- You will be expected to be amenable to new challenges from clients who have high expectations.
- Creating client material to a high standard, including detailed reports using Adobe InDesign software.
- Working with the entire team to contribute to the future development of Discover and feature releases.
The successful person for this role will:
- Be a STEM postgraduate with an MSc/ PhD in a Life Science discipline.
- Always communicate verbally with confidence and professionalism.
- Possess an ability for excellent scientific writing.
- Be self-motivated and able to keep accurate records of work.
- Have the ability to manage time effectively and work to strict deadlines at a high standard.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have knowledge of IT suites such as Microsoft Office and Google Apps, with exceptional online research skills.
- Be excited to take ownership of a role, and driven by an enjoyment of understanding research and its potential translation into therapies and commercially relevant technology.
- Previous experience of client handling and maintaining professional relationships.
- CRM experience.
- Adobe InDesign experience, or similar design software.
We’re an early stage company with an atmosphere to match, we organise eclectic staff outings, have a relaxed office environment and want people who not only want to work hard but who we get along with too.
- Flexible working either remotely or in our Sheffield City Centre office
- Company-wide meet ups twice a year (e.g. Crazy Golf, Escape Rooms, Summer Park Games)
- Day off on your birthday
- 22 days holiday plus statutory (plus bonus holiday days around Christmas)
- Frequent social events e.g. potluck lunches, in / after-work socials
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Regular career development reviews and support
Applications should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and a brief cover letter detailing what you could bring to IN-PART and why you would like to join the team. Please use the email subject title: ‘IN-PART: Account Manager, Discover’
Start Date: ASAP.
Location: Sheffield City Centre / Remote
Working Hours: Full-Time (permanent)
Salary: £20-22K with £28K-30K OTE (depending on experience)
About IN-PART and our vision:
We believe brilliant connections can solve real-world problems. We match research pioneers from academia with R&D decision-makers in industry striving for a greater positive impact.
Our goal is to enable connections from around the world to match academic research with industry on a level playing field. Through our intelligent, matchmaking platform we showcase leading university innovations and connect academics with an international community of the brightest minds and decision-makers in industry, creating meaningful dialogue and partnership.
IN-PART launched in 2014. We value hardwork, independence and creativity. Our HQ in Sheffield is a relaxed, start-up office environment, and we create room for personal and career development. We’re a rapidly growing company and with that comes the opportunity to grow into the role and take responsibility for driving change and delivering solutions.
Reporting into the Senior Business Development Manager this role will initially be focussed on developing new business prospects for our Business Development team before training and independently selling our new product; IN-PART: Discover, to R&D focussed companies.
The product helps R&D companies launch research calls to identify and connect with universities globally in order to fund new research, establish collaborations, long term partnerships and ultimately benefit society. You will use your relationship, management and negotiation skills to grow our client base by approaching new clients by telephone and email, planning and preparing presentations and communicating our product offering. Initially generating prospects for the business development team but with a midterm view to building an independent client base with a view to becoming a Business Development Manager.
You will receive a two-month training program to learn how to demo and sell the product to senior R&D executives (Head of R&D, Chief Scientists, Lead Engineers).
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with new customers to win new business
- Work with colleagues to identify opportunities for selling, up-selling and cross-selling
- Effective communication, to articulate product and audience USPs
- Develop in-depth market, product, and sector knowledge
- Update the CRM to ensure the CRM accurately reflects your sales activity through the buying stage to move Leads and Opportunities through the pipeline
- Support the Senior BDM in outreach at conferences and to marketing leads
- Ensure your clients have signed the contract and orders are processed accordingly
Additional Skills & Responsibilities
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and record keeping
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve targets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to targets and showcase resilience in challenging situations
- Commitment to a shared approach to working
- Knowledge of the R&D and/or Higher Education sector is desirable
- Educated to degree level (ideally STEM) or equivalent relevant experience
- Past experience of CRM systems (desirable)
- Proven track record of high level communications skills.
The deadline for applications is 27th May 2022. Applications should be made via email to email@example.com and should include a CV and a brief cover letter detailing what you could bring to IN-PART and why you would like to join the team. Please use the email subject title: ‘IN-PART: BDE’
- All expenses paid, company-wide meetups twice a year
- Regular career development reviews and support
- 22 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays and bonus days on your birthday and around Christmas
- Free weekly yoga session
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free tea (Yorkshire) and coffee in the office
Working alongside a team of seven (including a mix of junior, mid-level and senior devs) and under the guidance of our product manager, you’ll take a key role in delivering products to our end users. Demonstrable experience of working in and leading a team is essential for this role.
You will have strong project management skills with an excellent ability to communicate complex problems, estimate timescales, and give regular updates to both technical and non-technical team members. You will be able to accurately assess project requirements, plan technical epics and set and meet deadlines.
Your leadership style will get the best out of junior team members and inspire them to excel in their own role. You will have a strong work ethic, be willing to admit it if you’re wrong and be an all round team player.
Core technologies / concepts
- Node JS
- Restful services
- AWS Lambda / SQS / Cloudwatch
- Styled components / CSS
IN-PART is a rapidly expanding UK based start-up. Our online matchmaking platform matches university research with companies looking to find innovative R&D pathways for commercialisation. Our system launched in January 2014 and has to date brought together 250 universities and research institutions with over 6,500 research-intensive companies, ranging from some of the world’s biggest corporations to regional SMEs.
Companies we work with include: Philips, Sony, Apple, Space X, GSK, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, P&G, Dyson, Unilever and Johnson & Johnson. Technologies on IN-PART are provided by our university partners, which include Cambridge, Oxford, Birmingham, Sheffield and Manchester to mention a few in the UK, as well as international universities such as UPenn, Queensland, LMU Munich and many more worldwide.
Solutions don’t come ready-made. We believe brilliant connections can solve real-world problems. We match research genius with decision-makers and industries striving for a greater positive impact.
Our goal is to enable connections from around the world to match research genius with industry on a level playing field. IN-PART has an advanced matching platform and curates an international community of the brightest minds and decision-makers built on insight and dialogue.
An intelligent, matchmaking platform to showcase leading technologies and connect academics with the world’s key decision-makers through meaningful dialogue and partnership. IN-PART curates only the most relevant introductions to ensure stronger connections and collaboration.
The Dev Team
We’re a small, friendly team of hard-working, focussed and talented developers. There are no egos – it doesn’t matter if you’re brand new or have been around the block a few times.
Everyone in the team works closely with stakeholders and can see the positive impact our products have. We all have the opportunity to provide input into the shape of our products, the technology stack, workflow and ideas. It’s incredibly rewarding to deliver – and be credited for – the latest and greatest features.
Hours are flexible and, subject to a relaxation of Covid restrictions, you’ll only be required at our Sheffield city centre office once every two weeks for sprint planning. You’ll also have your own space should you wish to use it more regularly (our current devs choose a mixture of home and office working).
The working environment is relaxed and professional. We’re all here to do a job but recognise the need to let off steam from time to time. Our all expenses paid twice yearly meetups are a great opportunity to meet new people, try a new experience and generally have some fun. We also have regular team lunches, after work beers and one-to-one catch ups.
- £40-60k based on experience
- Work from home or at our great location in the heart of Sheffield
- Free choice of equipment – choose the best tech for the job
- 30 days annual holiday (inc. bank holidays) + your birthday off
- Twice yearly all-expenses paid company events – mini golf, park games
- Regular team socials on us
- Casual office environment
- Bonus time off at Christmas
- Free tea & coffee
Please send an email with your Github, LinkedIn profile or CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll start with an informal chat about the role before moving on to a take-home code review task and interview.